Please check the following settings to optimize calendar sync between desktop calendar and iOS native calendar/MobileDay:
1. Make sure Location services and Background App refresh are turned on
Go to iPhone settings>scroll down to MobileDay and tap on the arrow on the far right, which will open a new screen. On that new screen, make sure “Allow MobileDay to access Location” is set to ALWAYS and that “Allow MobileDay to Access Background App Refresh is set to ALWAYS ON (button is green).
2. Check these settings in iPhone settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars
Fetch New Data: tap on the far right select “Push” set ton ON (button is green)
For Exchange/Outlook accounts ensure “Push” is selected not “Fetch” or “Manual”
For Gmail accounts ensure “Fetch" is selected not “Manual” and at the bottom of that screen ensure Fetch is set for “Every 15 minutes”
3. Appointments will show up on your calendar even if they are not accepted, but updates will not be reflected if the original appointment has not been accepted. In the iphone native calendar they will appear slightly greyed with a blue dot preceding the Event name. Open the event to accept and then the blue dot will disappear and you will get updates for this event.
4. Turn off “Show Declined Events” setting in the iPhone native calendar. Open the iOS native Calendar and tap the word “Calendar” at the bottom center for the screen. Scroll to the bottom of the new screen that opens and at the very bottom there is an option to “Show Declined Events”. Turn that OFF, so that the button in white, not green.
5. To do a one-time forced sync between MobileDay and the native calendar, close and reopen MobileDay.