Sometimes smartphones forget to be smart, and sometimes your smartphone doesn’t automatically recognize that you’ve landed in a different time zone.
There are a couple of applications that you may need to update if your phone is getting stuck in a time zone:
1) In your phone’s “Settings,” go to “General” and under “Mail, Contacts, Calendars,” check that “Time Zone Override” is off.
2) In your phone’s “Settings,” go to “General.” Select “Cellular” and check that “Cellular Data” is green (on).
3) In your phone’s “Settings,” go to “General > Privacy > Location Services” and make sure it is green (on). “Share My Location” should also be green (on). “From” should be “This Device.” When you go back to “Privacy > Location Services” and scroll down from there, “MobileDay” should be listed, and you should see “Always” to the right.
4) The best way to change time zones when traveling is by going to your iPhone “Settings > General > Date & Time” and manually changing your time zone there.
1) Press the “Menu” button on the Android, then tap “Settings.”
2) Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings menu, then tap “Date & Time.”
3) Tap “Select Time Zone” to view a list of time zones. Scroll down the list and tap a location in the desired time zone. Alternatively, select a time zone by name.